THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
WHEN: 9.30am-4.00pm, Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th August
WHERE: Rosby, 122 Strikes Lane, Eurunderee MUDGEE
COST: $200 per student with complimentary lunch and Rosby Wines
ARTIST TUTOR: David Newman-White
Explore and create an informal floral still life arrangement on a large canvas. In this two-day weekend workshop you’ll learn how to compose an artwork with flowers as the subject, how to model oil or acrylic paint and how to recognise and draw the shape and form of flowers on a large canvas. The workshop will also cover colour theory relating to complimentary colours + opposite colours, plus light and shade.
Recommended research: Georgia O’Keefe (American Artist) or Tim Macguire (Australian Artist).
- Source a picture of a flower you want to paint and print it onto good quality A4 photographic paper
- Print the same image in black & white onto a standard photocopy paper
- Ruler, pencil 2B & vinyl eraser
- List of colors: Winton paints are fine and will be much cheaper particularly for beginners. Otherwise Winsor & Newton Artist paints or Art Spectrum.
- Reds – Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red , Magenta, Cadmium Orange.
- Yellows – Cadmium Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Naples Yellow
- Blues – Ultramarine Blue or French Ultramarine, Ceurulean Blue, Cobalt Blue. Phthalo blue
- Earth – Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre
- White - Large tube of Titanium White
- Purples – Purple Lake (Winsor & Newton only), Dioxazine Purple
- Greens – Viridian, Olive green, sap green
- Mediums: Bottle of Lean Medium & Odorless Solvent
- Brushes: Flat - Mon Marte synthetic brushes are good for finishing (a pack of mixed flats & a pack of mixed rounds)
- Bristle Brushes: 0-16 flats in size one of each, they usually range ‘0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16. (Choose a better quality in these maybe the green handled art spectrum.)
- Canvas: 80cm x 100cm or 100cm x 100cm or if you are up to it, 100cm x 120cm or 100cm x 150cm(nice shape). Or nearest to one of these sizes
- Also bring rags, tin cans no glass, Hat, dress warm & wear sensiable shoes.
Additional; Easels & stools are provided, but if you have a special seat the bring that. If you have your own portable (collapsible) side table that may help also. Drink bottle & sunscreen. We will be working under cover, but partly out of doors.